Storing your Maserati
How to store your Maserati
Much as they may hate to do it, many drivers opt to store their Maserati vehicles in the winter or while they are gone on extended trips. If you find yourself not using your Maserati much, you may consider putting it in storage until it is needed again. Storing your Maserati is especially important as it protects in from the elements and other types of damages it might incur while parked outside for an extended period of time. To prepare you for your storage, here are some suggestions for how to store your Maserati vehicle.
Here in Washington, we’re no stranger to severe weather. That’s why it’s important that you know how to properly store and care for your Maserati when it needs to be stored. Here are a few tips:
- Add a fuel stabilizer, such as Sta-Bil® to your fuel tank, and then fill the tank, allowing the two to mix properly.
- If you don’t put it on a jack, we suggest overfilling the tires to prevent them from getting flat spots.
- Give it a thorough wash and wax to remove any dirt and dust. The wax will protect your car from absorbing any dirt or dust.
- Lay out a sheet under the Maserati so that moisture in the concrete floor of a garage can’t permeate up to the car.
- Hook up a battery tender, which will keep your car’s battery operational even after being dormant for months.
- Put steel wool in the exhaust to prevent bugs or dirt from entering.
- Cover it with a Maserati car cover to prevent dust from settling on it.
We here at Maserati of Kirkland know that it’s hard to say goodbye to your Maserati for the winter, but it’ll be no time before you’re back behind the wheel.
Unpacking your Maserati
When spring finally comes, or you return from your extended trip, we’re sure you’ll waste no time in unpacking your Maserati. We suggest that you leave a list for yourself when you pack the car up, so you know everything that was done in preparation for the storage. That way, you know what needs to be done in order to make it drivable again. It’s easy to forget to unhook the battery tender and remove the steel wool in your excitement to get back on the road.
By following these instructions, your Maserati vehicle should start right back up in the spring. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us here at Maserati of Kirkland. We’re happy to help you get any of the materials you need to ensure your Maserati has a good rest while you’re away.
Do you have any storing tips? Let us know in the comments!